Friday, January 28, 2011

The Running Addiction

I've been running for a few weeks now and am becoming addicted!!! I am actually looking forward to going to the gym. Despite having gone to the gym for the last two years pretty regularly, I have never actually thought about it this way. My goal is to be capable enough to run a half marathon or 13.1 miles. Maybe after that I will shoot for a full marathon? I had to slow myself down a little. My longest run was a 60 minute run and I was able to cover about 4.5 miles at an easy jog, but it killed my knees. They are unfortunately not conditioned for this high impact sort of work out. I had to take a full week break, which was torture, but it was what my body needed.


The running is just a part of the goal. I want to be more involved in my fitness from several different perspectives. I've started taking vitamins again, which is a big accomplishment for me. I also have added green tea extract as well, which a good friend recommended to me for metabolism boost and energy. I can already feel the difference. My normal 2pm lull where I feel like I could sleep sitting up has vanished. As an insomniac who is regularly tired, this is a fantastic feeling!

My next fitness endeavor, I am hoping will be some sort of Martial Arts. I am curious about Jujitsu, but haven't finished researching the options. I had a friend who was into Jujitsu for a while and it seemed interesting and fun at the same time. Any suggestions  or thoughts on other activities would be appreciated.

Enough on this resolution for now. I'll have an running update in a few weeks. I'd like to make that 60 minute mark without pain next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment